Layers
by Trekker


Jim was still chuckling as Shrek ended and the credits started rolling. Blair turned the TV off and tossed the remote on to the coffee table.

"See? I told you you'd like it."

Jim stopped laughing.

"Yeah, yeah. It was ok."

Blair rolled his eyes and for a moment, neither man spoke. Then, Jim said, out of the blue, "Well, the end was kind of... depressing."

"What?" Blair said, shooting him a confused look.

"I mean, anyone can see that Shrek and the Donkey belonged toge- uh... never mind."

Blair's eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Shrek and the Donkey what?"

"Uh. You know what?" Jim said, with the air of someone quickly changing the subject, "That donkey is just like you."

"Huh?"

"Well, I mean, he talks all the time, he's scared of heights, he flirts with anything vaguely female-"

"Uh. Oh... So that's why you were shouting advice at the screen when the Donkey said he'd only stay one night. I get it now."

Blair slumped back in his seat and stared at the dark screen. He could see their reflection in the screen. Jim looked a little... uncomfortable.

"Hey, well," Blair said, "You're a LOT like Shrek."

"You know, I think I resent that..."

Blair turned to face Jim, a wide grin on his face.

"You both like your privacy, you're both big and scary. Heck, you even both go for redheads with dark secrets!"

With a mock snarl Jim pounced and Blair was suddenly enveloped in an all-out tickle assault. He tried to squirm away, but only managed to get himself trapped under a mound of heavy, hard JimMuscle. Which wasn't really a BAD thing...

"Ok, ok, you win!" he squeaked.

"Admit it, Sandburg," Jim growled, "You think I'm just a big, ugly, stupid ogre."

"Hey, man, that's not fair," Blair said, forcing himself to look serious. "You're not STUPID."

Then, Blair grinned again, unable to stop himself even though he knew his ribs were now in mortal danger. No amount of writhing or pleading convinced Jim to let up until they were both panting like they'd just run a marathon. Blair looked up and found Jim's electric blue eyes gazing down into his own.

The shift in the mood was almost tangible. In fact, Blair actually DID feel it. Or maybe that was just his heart doing a backflip in his chest.

"You know, Sandburg," Jim said, and he was suddenly stroking a handful of Blair's curls, suddenly resting a little more of his weight on Blair's body, "I have layers too."

"Oh yeah?" Blair whispered, unable to find the breath for anything louder.

"Yeah," Jim said. And he kissed him.

*Damn, that was a hell of a lot easier than I thought it would be,* Blair thought distantly, since most of his brain cells were focused on the feeling of those soft, moist lips on his, and the sudden heat in the vicinity of both of their groins.

"You know what I think?" he said when Jim paused a moment.

"Mmm?" Jim prompted, his eyes closed, a soft smile on his face.

"I think," he began to unbutton Jim's shirt as he spoke, "right now you have way too many layers."


The End
back home